[lxc-devel] Patch [0/2] Some work on autodev, devtmpfs, and systemd stuff and all.

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Nov 12 01:06:30 UTC 2013

Hey all,

Following is my promised patches for the devtempfs stuff that I
discussed with Serge at LinuxPlumbers and modified by some of our
discussion over the last several week.

The first patch will involve adapting to using subdirectories
under /dev/ in the case where /dev/ is a devtmpfs mount.

The second patch includes a file to pre-configure /dev/ for lxc in order
to allow for unpriv users to setup similar bind mounts to priv users and
includes an lxc.service file for systemd.

A minor gotcha with the second patch is that it does NOT include a file
that it references, /usr/libexec/lxc/lxc-startup.  This is a script I'm
currently using to autoboot containers.  I'm not including that script
specifically because I know Stéphane is specifically looking at the
startup code, which is what this does.  I'll post my lxc-startup script
later as my opinion of how this should be done (but it has a lot of
warts for the general case).  I just don't want to presume and step on
whatever he's doing.  This works for me on Fedora.

I'm open to objections and discussion but I got no feedback from anyone
other than Serge, who provided me with very valuable feedback and made
me revise several things to deal with his points...

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com