[lxc-devel] Failed to remove cgroup when lxc-start failed

Qiang Huang h.huangqiang at huawei.com
Sat May 25 00:34:05 UTC 2013

On 2013/5/24 20:49, Serge Hallyn wrote:

> Could you tell us exactly which version this is, and exactly how you
> created the container?  When I do it in ubuntu saucy (roughly 0.9.0 lxc),
> the cgroup gets correctly removed.

My lxc version is 0.9.0(latest commit e9831f83532184), host os is RHEL6,
and my config is

lxc.network.type = veth
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = br0
lxc.network.name = eth0
lxc.network.ipv4 = 128.5.130.92/24
lxc.utsname = hq_1

lxc.tty = 4
lxc.pts = 1024
lxc.rootfs = /home/templates/lxc-template/rootfs
lxc.mount  = /home/templates/lxc-template/fstab

lxc.cgroup.devices.deny = a
# /dev/null and zero
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:3 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:5 rwm
# consoles
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 5:1 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 5:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 4:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 4:1 rwm
# /dev/{,u}random
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:9 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:8 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 136:* rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 5:2 rwm
# rtc
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 254:0 rwm
lxc.cgroup.cpuset.cpus = -1

I use:
# lxc-start -n hq111 -f config -l TRACE
to create the container.

With a proper config(without the wrong cpuset.cpus=-1), it all works fine.

This is not happen every time, so maybe you should try more times to
reproduce this problem.