[lxc-devel] create api

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Tue May 14 19:13:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'd like to rewrite lxc-create to be c (calling out to the c templates
which continue to be scripts for the most part).  Unfortunately right
now the lxcapi_create() just takes arguments to send to the lxc-create
script.

I could either dump the existing lxcapi_create function, replace it with
something close to the lxcapi_clone, and update the current callers, or
I can write a new function lxcapi_create2, keeping lxcapi_create() as
calling the c program (which then calls lxcapi_create2 :).

The only reason to go with lxcapi_create2 would be for out of tree
callers (which includes the go bindings).  Since we're not at 1.0 yet we
don't guarantee anything about api stability (for exactly this reason),
but I thought I'd ask anyway what you all thought.

-serge