[lxc-devel] lxc-execute and lxc-ls

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Mon May 13 13:49:57 UTC 2013

Quoting Purcareata Bogdan-B43198 (B43198 at freescale.com):
> Hello,
>
> Should lxc-ls list containers created with lxc-execute as well?
>
> E.g. when running "lxc-execute -n ctx1 /bin/bash", you may run "lxc-info -n ctx1" and it will output
>
> state:   RUNNING
> pid:      4063
>
> but when issuing "lxc-ls", nothing will be printed. Is this normal? I noticed that the container is
> present when issuing "lxc-ls --active".
>
> So lxc-ls (with no params) lists only the containers created with lxc-create, while "lxc-ls --active"
> lists both containers created with lxc-create (that are running) and those created with lxc-execute?

Please don't send any more copies of this email.

I think it's expected.  I'm not sure what people would prefer.  A patch
to always also list non-persistent active containers would in my opinion
be good.  (For that matter, a patch to add a 'persistent' column to the
fancy output would be interesting too).