[lxc-devel] 0.9 final release, plans for 1.0 and Linux Plumbers 2013

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 19 14:38:41 UTC 2013

Quoting Stéphane Graber (stgraber at ubuntu.com):
> == What's next ==
>  - More integration tests and unit tests in LXC itself.

To this end, I'd like to add distro-specific tests under
tests/${distro}.  I have a set of tests which started under
lp:~serge-hallyn/+junk/lxc-tests and has been migrated into
our pre-release autotest framework at
bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/+branch/ubuntu-test-cases/server/

These tests rely on the distro packaging to be available, so
it seems there are two ways we could do this:

1. find a way to put all of the distro stuff into the lxc
package, so that if you say 'make install' from the git tree
it actually installs everything the package would

2. have the tests detect (in their own way, in the main run
script) whether the distro package is installed.  So we just
say 'make test', it descends into each lxc/tests/${distro} dir,
checks whether that distro's pkg is installed, and if so runs
the tests.

In addition, I can't deny many of the api tests which are there
now are... uh...  not that good.  They served to help me find
bugs in the api before sending upstream, but (a) they should be
better thought out for finding regressions, and (b) they should
share some infrastructure for test running and reporting of
results.

-serge