[lxc-devel] The containers mini-summit at Linux Plumbers 2013 is now accepting talk proposals

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 15 15:25:41 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

The Containers mini-summit at Linux Plumbers 2013 (Sep. 18-20, New Orleans, LA)
is now accepting talk proposals.

We currently have 150min (2.5h) of allocated time for the summit, so
we'd prefer to have a bunch of very short talks rather than just a
couple of longer talks.

At the moment, we've put a few talks in the system to bootstrap the track:
 - On the road to LXC 1.0 (30min talk by Serge and I)
 - LXC and Android (15min talk by me)
 - User namespace work (30min session by Serge)
 - State of CRIU (Checkpoint Restart In Userspace) and integration with
   LXC (25min by the OpenVZ folks (if interested?) and Serge)

That's 1h40 of scheduled talks, so we still have 50min to spare. We may
also shorten some of the talks above if we get submerged by interesting
proposals (I hear that getting a bigger time allocation at Plumbers
while not impossible is rather unlikely...)

I think the goal here is really to keep things short and interesting,
leaving lengthy debates for the lobby or the bar after the mini-summit.

If you're attending Plumbers 2013, please add your name on:
http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2013:containers

So we know you're there and can make sure you're included in any
outside-the-summit discussions.

If you want to present something, please head to:
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2013/ocw/events/LPC2013/proposals/new

Make sure to add a note to your proposal with how much time you'd need.
Please try to keep things short, shorter talks have higher chances of
getting scheduled. Long discussion topics may be added to the wiki so we
can remember to talk about this outside the mini-conference.

Looking forward to seeing you at Plumbers!