[lxc-devel] lxc

Tomas Pospisek tpo2 at sourcepole.ch
Sun Jul 7 14:34:49 UTC 2013

Am 06.07.2013 17:45, schrieb curley andie:

>> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
>>
>> http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#noprivate
>>
>> Please reply to the list :-)
>>
>> Am 05.07.2013 13:13, schrieb curley andie:
>>>
>>> When I try install using sudo apt-get install lxc I am getting the
>>> error : unable to locate the package lxc. But the package lxc acutually
>>> exist.
>>
>>     That's weird. What's your exact environment? Or in other words, what's
>>     the output of the following command? :
>>
>>         lsb_release -a
>
> Output of the command lsb_release -a is:
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Description : Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
> Code name: precise

Since lxc is in the "universe" repo in Ubuntu [1] you need to make sure,
you have "universe" enabled in your /etc/apt/sources.list or in
/etc/apt/sources.list.d. Once you have it enabled do "apt-get update".
Better yet, use some apt frontend as synaptic.

Once again, please do *not* reply to me directly, reply to the list. I
will not answer the next question that goes directly to me. Thanks.

*t

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=lxc