[lxc-devel] name for 'optional' mount option

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Mon Jan 28 21:42:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

I want to add support to setup_mount_entries() to ignore the failure to
mount an entry in /var/lib/lxc/container/fstab - i.e. if the mount src
or target does not exist.

the fstab manpage mentions 'optional' as a mount option in case the
fs is not known.  mountall extends that so that it also supports the
case where the target does not exist.  So we could re-use that.  Or we
could use a new mount option (I was thinking 'nofatal' until I found
'optional').

Any preferences?  If not, I will go with optional.

thanks,
-serge