[lxc-devel] Interest for merging SUSE SLES template in lxc upstream ?

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 25 17:51:47 UTC 2013

Quoting Frederic Crozat (fcrozat at suse.com):
> Hi all,
>
> as part of lxc integration on the last Service Pack (SP2) of SLES 11, I
> wrote a template to install SLES guest. This template is very similar to
> openSUSE template that I already upstreamed sometime ago but also a bit
> different in the way repositories are retrieved and used to create
> initial chroot. Moreover, this guest can only be used when host is a
> SLES system (again, due to the way repositories are retrieved, ie from
> host).
>
> Would you be interested to get this template in upstream repository ?

I would - so long as you're willing to maintain it :)  Please do make
sure that users who can't use it get an informative message explaining
what to do to be able to use it, and pointing to the openSUSE one as
an alternative.

> I can sent it here for review, of course.

I think we also might want to talk about having a sort of community
templates repository.  However, 'official' templates from distros
would imo belong in the main upstream source.

thanks,
-serge