[lxc-devel] lxc-start exit code 130

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 12 14:48:03 UTC 2013

Quoting Alexander Vladimirov (alexander.idkfa.vladimirov at gmail.com):
> Despite container seems to work and shutdown without any visible errors, I
> get exit code 130 when lxc-start terminates. That's not much of a problem,
> but requires some workarounds when running as systemd service and could
> point to some locking issue if this exit code corresponds to EOWNERDEAD
> errno.

Must be:

        if (WIFSIGNALED(status)) {
                int signal = WTERMSIG(status);
                ret = ret + 128 + signal;

                INFO("child <%d> ended on signal (%d)", pid, signal);
        }

That is, signal is 2 (kill), and we return 0 + 128 + signal.  I don't
know why this code is there.  It seems obfuscatory.  Git-blame points
to Michel, so cc:ing him here.

-serge