[lxc-devel] Oh CRAP! Another damn pam_loginuid.so gotcha...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Dec 17 21:59:49 UTC 2013

Dwight (and others),

You may need to deal with this in the Oracle template as well...

I just ran SMACK into another one of those session failures because of
pam_loginuid.so.  This time it was in cron jobs.  I was setting up cron
jobs in containers under users and none of them were running.  Answer
was obvious when I checked /var/log/cron...

Dec 17 16:20:01 localhost crond[544]: (root) FAILED to open PAM security
session (Cannot make/remove an entry for the specified session)
Dec 17 16:30:01 localhost crond[545]: (root) FAILED to open PAM security
session (Cannot make/remove an entry for the specified session)
Dec 17 16:40:01 localhost crond[546]: (root) FAILED to open PAM security
session (Cannot make/remove an entry for the specified session)
Dec 17 16:50:01 localhost crond[547]: (root) FAILED to open PAM security
session (Cannot make/remove an entry for the specified session)

Damn it.

One more spot where that's got to get fixed in the template to comment
out pam_loginuid.so out of /etc/pam.d/crond now.

I'll submit patches for the CentOS and Fedora templates in a day or so.
Sigh...

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com