[lxc-devel] Maybe gotta problem here...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Dec 16 14:52:22 UTC 2013

Ok...

So I work on a lot of RHEL / CentOS / Fedora / SL / NST stuff.
Basically they're all rpm based systems.  I generally test through the
rpms.  i.e. I don't build from scratch, scratch, I rebuild rpm's for
myself and install from yum each time.  It actually makes things easier
and, occasionally, I spot something that I realize is wrong that
wouldn't show up otherwise...

I've been puzzling about something and I think now that the lxc.spec.in
file needs some loving care and updating.  What I noticed was that a
number of posts refer to "lxc-ls --fancy" but my version of lxc-ls is a
bash script and doesn't have that option.  That's from src/lxc/legacy.
There's the python script lxc-ls but that's not getting installed in the
rpm by the spec file.  Installing by hand, the Python lxc-ls gives me
"python: lxc module not found" or some such.

Crap.  That means the spec file has not been updated for all this API
stuff that's been going on and I'm not sure what needs to be updated in
there.  I'd like to look at making those changes and bringing that up to
date ASAP before we go Beta (priority over a couple of other putter
projects) but I'd like some guidance over what's needed.  I fear it's
more than just getting lxc-ls to the latest and greatest...

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com