[lxc-devel] making lxcpath a real path?

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 3 15:20:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 10:00:02AM -0500, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 12:49 +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> > Hi folks,
>
> > do you think it would be possible to make the path set by
> > -P/--lxcpath or in the config file a _real_ path, e.g.
>
> > 	lxc-ls -P /data1/lxc:/data2/lxc --fancy
>
> > ?

I'd recommend not using that kind of confusing syntax (e.g. what if I
actually have a directory called /data/lxc: ?).

Instead if we are to implement such a feature, we should be consistent
with what we've been doing in the past and allow for "lxcpath" to be
present multiple times in lxc.conf and for -P to be passed multiple
times on the command line of all of our binaries.