[lxc-devel] cgroup management daemon

Tejun Heo tj at kernel.org
Tue Dec 3 14:00:53 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 09:19:18AM -0800, Victor Marmol wrote:
> > > may still be an fd we pass around.
> >
> > Hm, would that just be inotify on the memory.max_usage_in_bytes
> > file, of inotify on a specific fd you've created which is
> > associated with any threshold you specify?  The former seems
> > less ideal.
> >

> Tejun can comment more, but I think it is still TBD.

It's likely the former with configurable cadence or per-knob (not
per-opener) configurable thresholds.  max_usage_in_bytes is a special
case here as all other knobs can simply generate an event on each
transition.  If event (de)muxing is necessary, it probably should be
done from userland.

Thanks.

--
tejun