[lxc-devel] RFC: aliases

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at 10ur.org
Wed Aug 21 16:52:46 UTC 2013

Hey Serge,

I'm not opposed the idea but just trying to understand the motivation
behind it. We are doing exactly what you described (daily builds uses
somename-date-buildnumber and two symlinks latest and stable points some
containers) and I'm just using something like following

sudo lxc-clone -o $(basename $(readlink SOMEPATH/latest)) -n SOMEOTHERNAME
-s

and I'm just wondering does it really worth adding more code for doing that?

Cheers,

S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at 10ur.org>