[lxc-devel] lxc oprofile

徐天妮 1245612721 at qq.com
Tue Aug 13 03:09:33 UTC 2013

We are interested in comparing lxc's performance with other virtualization technology such as Xen. We used Perf to do the system wide profiling work at first, but the results seem incorrect as the number of containers increases (we tried at most 72 containers running at the same time). We suppose that this is due to the way Perf accesses the hardware performance counters. After that, we tried to find a proper oprofile tool, but failed.

We saw that developing a oprofile for lxc is one of the TODO things. So I'm here to ask when will it be ready to use? Can it make a system wide profiling on multi-core architecture? Will it give out a result of every containers, or of every applications?

Thank you so much!
Monica