[lxc-devel] bug while compiling lxc from git on the arm chromebook

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 6 13:19:51 UTC 2013

Quoting Mario (marietto2008 at gmail.com):
> Hello. I'm trying to install lxc from git on my ARM Chromebook,running this OS :
>
> root at localhost:/usr/src/Software/lxc# uname -a
> Linux localhost.localdomain 3.4.0-5-chromebook #5-Ubuntu SMP Fri Feb 8
> 14:54:53 UTC 2013 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
>
> this is what I did :
>
> root at localhost:/usr/src/Software/lxc# git clone https://github.com/lxc/lxc.git
> root at localhost:/usr/src/Software/lxc# cd lxc
> root at localhost:/usr/src/Software/lxc# apt-get install autoconf
> root at localhost:/usr/src/Software/lxc# apt-get install autogen
> root at localhost:/usr/src/Software/lxc# apt-get install libcap-dev

You might try doing

	sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-lxc/daily
	sudo apt-get update
	sudo apt-get build-dep lxc

to make sure you have all dependencies, or just

	sudo apt-get install autotools-dev debhelper dh-apparmor dh-autoreconf docbook2x libapparmor-dev libcap-dev libseccomp-dev linux-libc-dev python3-dev pkg-config

Specifically I suspect you need docbook2x, but you might then miss something
else.