[lxc-devel] git tree and man pages

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 18 11:45:24 UTC 2013

On 04/18/2013 01:34 PM, David Shwatrz wrote:
> Hi, lxc-developers,
> I had performed
> git clone git://lxc.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/lxc/lxc
> and under doc I don't see any man pages.
>
> for a lxc tar gz I downloaded, they are under doc.
>
> Is there a reason man pages are not in git ?
>

> DS

The manpages are in git, just not in their compiled form.

We had a problem in the past that made some of the tar.gz contain the
compiled form as well as the source but I fixed that for 0.9 so the 0.9
tarball should look pretty much identical to the git tree.

In short, the man pages are the .sgml.in files, anything else is a
compiled file which gets discarded at build time.