[lxc-devel] Howto user namespaces?

richard -rw- weinberger richard.weinberger at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 22:14:56 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Quoting richard -rw- weinberger (richard.weinberger at gmail.com):
> Note that adding '-l info -o debug.out' will generate a lot of helpful
> debug info in the file debug.out.
>
> Running lxc-start under strace simply doesn't work well.  Doesn't work
> for me even without user namespaces.
>
> -serge

Guys, I did some tests using Ubuntu today.
I've followed the instructions Serge gave me.

On Ubuntu I face _exactly_ the same issues as described in this thread
expect if I use the lxc package from Serge.

http://lxc.sourceforge.net/download/lxc/lxc-0.9.0.tar.gz does not work.
FWIW I've built using a plain "configure && make && make install".
Serge, has magic is hidden in your lxc package? :-)

Ubuntu's lxc-0.9.0 works fine.
It works even fine with mainline Linux (v3.9-rc6+)

--
Thanks,
//richard