[lxc-devel] lxc staging branch on github

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 11 00:50:12 UTC 2012

On 12-09-07 04:47 PM, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> As you probably noticed Serge and I have been trying to keep up with all
> the changes going to the lxc-users and lxc-devel mailing lists with some
> varying success.
>
> For quite a while now Serge has been maintaining a separate git branch
> on github where he'd merge the changes that we're using in Ubuntu and
> then regularly ask Daniel to review the branch and merge into the master
> branch on sourceforge.
>
> To try and make this all a bit more official, I took ownership of the
> lxc project on github at: https://github.com/lxc
> We now have an lxc repository at: https://github.com/lxc/lxc
>
> With the main branch being called "staging" and containing what used to
> be in Serge's tree.
> This should now make it pretty easy to contributors to branch and send
> over pull requests.
>
> We'll continue monitoring the mailing-lists and merging the changes
> proposed on there as soon as it seems we reached an agreement.
>

> It'd be great if anyone who submitted changes on the mailing-list or
> through any other mean could check that their changes are in the staging
> tree and if not, re-submit the change so we can include it.
>

> @Daniel: Please let me know if you have a github account so I can add
> you to the project admins.

For Ubuntu users, we now have daily automated builds of the staging
branch available at:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-lxc/+archive/daily

These are triggered automatically on code change of the staging branch
and will let us confirm that everything is still buildable and hopefully
soon, run additional tests on the built binaries.

We are currently running builds for Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10.

Use these are your own risks, these are fully automated, non-tested
builds without any patch or override of the binaries coming from lxc.

If you find any packaging bug with these, feel free to e-mail me
directly. If you find bugs with LXC using these packages, please report
them on this mailing-list so we can track the regression and fix it
before it has a chance to get into the stable branch.