[lxc-devel] autodev (was Re: [Lxc-users] [GIT] lxc branch, master, updated.) 7f99e339363d9f005c9386f60a1d8c0953c85053

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Fri Nov 23 20:15:23 UTC 2012

Quoting Michael H. Warfield (mhw at WittsEnd.com):
> Serge...
>
> You need to go in for doing psychic readings or buy lots of lottery
> ticks because I think you must have been channeling me and reading my
> mind.  I've been close to posting on this off and on for the last couple
> of days but kept going "I need to test this" and "what about this
> combination"...

All that says to me is that it takes me a few days longer to remember
something :)

> The patch is working well.  I have some "strangeness" in some containers
> which are NOT using systemd that, if I enable audodev when it is NOT
> needed, the results have wrong (bad - weird) permissions.  I've looked
> right at the code where you do the makedev.  It should work.  It doesn't
> make sense.  Maybe it's a 32 bit / 64 bit thing (this is a 64 bit host),
> I don't know.  I don't see why but that's an orthogonal issue as well.
> It works in the containers I need it and I don't need it in the
> containers where it doesn't work so I'm good with the patch as it
> stands.

Ok, I'll go ahead and post the patch one more time for review, then
on monday or tuesday will push it to the staging branch and to the
ubuntu raring package.  That should get it sufficient extra testing
that if there are subtle issues, we'll shake them out better than we
are with the patch sitting in an obscure branch.

thanks,
-serge