[lxc-devel] [Spam-Wahrscheinlichkeit=89]Re: RFC: How to detect that a Container have competed to boot?

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Fri Jun 29 07:23:40 UTC 2012

Dear Serge,

>I don't know of a generic way this could be done in lxc.

But it is desirable, right?

> However, for your specific containers, you could redirect console to a file and have a script watch for a login prompt there?

One can think about a whole bunch of ways to reach the aim in a proprietary way winthin minutes. But I don't have to tell you why this is not a lasting solution.

Said that, it seem that your answer already includes an idea for a generic approach: The virtual console feature! If I try to attach using lxc-console, it will fail or block until the containers console becomes ready.

I may try to set up a helper script  "lxc-wait_until_booted"  for this purpose.

But as a build-in, the lxc-start process may watch after start if the virtual console becomes available and then either set a new container status or another "flag", what might be made available via the  lxc-info  command.

Guido