[lxc-devel] github staging tree updated

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Thu Jun 28 18:16:50 UTC 2012

Hi Daniel,

I've refreshed github.com/hallyn/lxc from your upstream tree, gone back
through our current ubuntu lxc package, and pushed all the patches from
debian and ubuntu which seemed appropriate.  The result builds and
passes my containers tests (at lp:~serge-hallyn/+junk/lxc-test).  Most
of these have been sent to lxc-devel before for comments but either not
been reviewed, or simply not yet been pulled in.  Currently there are 47
patches on top of upstream.

branch upstream.1 is current sf.net lxc git head, while
upstream.1.withpatches, the default tree, is the one with patches
applied.  Ignore the master branch.  When sf.net lxc git head is
updated, I'll pull that in as upstream.2, etc.

Every time we add an upstream-appropriate patch to our package, I'll
port it and add it to this tree.  If it isn't going to be too annoying,
I'd like to add a post-commit hook to email lxc-devel.  Obviously I'll
disable the hook when causing a lot of noise (i.e. rebasing).

-serge