[lxc-devel] Closing all fds by default

Daniel Smith viscous.liquid at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:03:32 UTC 2012

On 6/8/2012 5:17 AM, Daniel Godás wrote:
> I guess my point is --close-all-fds was actually useful and I think
> removing it should be reconsidered.
>
> Regards,
> Dan

I don't think that this necessarily needs to be reconsidered but perhaps
a more formal method to establish a communication channel between host
and container. I am thinking of something in the spirit of the Serial
I/O host-guest communication channel implemented for KVM. I recall there
was a lot of discussion over this feature with some suggesting just to
establish a network connection. In the end it was agreed that some
communication channel independent of the network stack was necessary.
Like-wise in the container world I think we could benefit from a formal
way to establish a communication channel between the host and a
container. Thoughts?

V/r,
Daniel