[lxc-devel] LXC system UUID

akrus akrus at flygroup.st
Tue Jun 5 07:42:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

Currently we’re creating a new module for FusionInventory project to support LXC containers. It seems the problem is LXC doesn’t really have a system UUID. Is there any option to set container’s UUID? Or are there any plans to support such option? I’ve found somewhere libvirt creates a new file /etc/machine-id inside a container and uses it as system UUID (you may specify your own UUID, or it will generate this file automatically during first container launch). I think it could be a good idea.

Waiting for your replies!