[lxc-devel] can LXC works with ip alias?

MaoXiaoyun tinnycloud at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 30 02:29:49 UTC 2012

Hi:

   Recently we are planning to set up a cluster by using LXC.  But one problem we facing is
it would be to much MAC address.

   Here is the detail. We plan 1000 lXC in one physical linux server, so there will be 1000 MAC
address,  suppose we have 100 servers, so total will have 1000 * 100 MAC address, far over the
capbility of our switch(Currently our network is big second layer, all MAC addresses are recoreded
in core switch).

  If one server's all container share the same MAC address, but different IP address, much like
"linux ip alias". There will be only 100 MAC existed.

 So my question is : is it possilbe to have LXC work with ip alias device?
 Or any other suggestiones to solve the problem above.

 Many thanks.