[lxc-devel] pin root fs patch

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Wed Feb 29 14:52:17 UTC 2012

Hi Guido,

the ideas are interesting, and the fifo might be a nice feature to add
separately if someone wanted to work on the patch.  However, in my view
this particular patch is an ugly hack to work around an ugly kernel
deficiency which hopefully will be fixed in the kernel (when I get
around to it, probably).  So I wouldn't want to cobble the configuration
file API for it.  I don't care what the hold file is actually called,
however I went for a shorter name to try and avoid having the filename
be > MAXPATHLENGTH and now have container creation fail for that :)
Maybe just '.pin'?

Daniel,

this patch isn't in my github tree yet.  I will be pushing several
patches as soon as our freeze is over (and I'm sure I'm making no
more changes)

thanks,
-serge

Quoting Jäkel, Guido (G.Jaekel at dnb.de):