[lxc-devel] LXC as an alternative to linux-vserver

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Wed Dec 19 04:57:54 UTC 2012

Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano at free.fr> writes:

> Hi Serge,
>
> thanks for the pointer.
>
> I though it was for user ns only.

The pieces were closely interrelated so I used the same tree.

> Cool to see Eric is taking care of the final bits of this feature.

My apologies for letting it languish so long.  That wasn't my intent but
things rarely go exactly how you hope they would.

The code has merged and will be available in 3.8-rc1.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=6a2b60b17b3e48a418695a94bd2420f6ab32e519

The code still needs the rough edges found and kicked by people using
user namespaces.  Some are listed in my merge commit others are things
like why can't I do some reasonable thing in a user namespace.  I
converted most things but there are bound to be a couple I haven't
though of.

Eric