[lxc-devel] Running windows over lxc

clownix at clownix.net clownix at clownix.net
Thu Aug 16 18:50:18 UTC 2012

The idea works, you just have to make the /dev/kvm device
visible in the lxc with something like:

lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 10:* rwm"

The kvm device has a minor that could be detected before lxc configuration
to avoid the * giving the lxc visibility to all the miscellaneous devices.

Of course the kvm module must be inserted by host or lxc guest and
the /dev/kvm node must exist in the lxc guest file-system.

Mixing of virtualizations is good fun, I prefer making lxc containers in
a qemu-kvm virtualization...

Also qemu in qemu can be done thanks to the nested function of the kvm
module.

What is the difference between
    "windows in qemu in lxc"
and