[lxc-devel] Running avahi in multiple containers: fork() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Mon Apr 30 17:17:16 UTC 2012

Hi Serge,

> User namespaces in recent kernels will probably not be usable for
> containers.  Eric is heavily developing them right now, and hopefully
> in the next 6-12 months they'll be fully supported.
Right, so I guess enabling them by default isn't a good idea right now
:-)

> So if you can't run an older kernel, I guess I'd recommend running a
> custom avahi package without the 3-task limit (and without using
> user namespaces).
It seems I don't even need a custom package, I can just disable the
nproc limit by uncommenting rlimit-nproc in avahi-daemon.conf (as
suggested by a blog post about the same issue [1]).

[1]: http://siphon9.net/loune/2011/02/avahi-setrlimit-nproc-and-lxc/

Thanks for the clarification, my issue is solved now, without the need
for any patched binaries :-)

Gr.

Matthijs