[lxc-devel] ospf in lxc in cloonix

clownix at clownix.net clownix at clownix.net
Wed Sep 28 20:52:47 UTC 2011

Hello,
Some of you may remember that an ospf (quagga) network running in lxc
virtual machines did not work as well as the same network in uml virtual
machines.
I have identified a culprit: process watchquagga but I do not know why
this process regularly kills my normal ospfd process when run in a lxc
machine.

Now I start my lxc machines without the watchquagga daemon and the network
is stable (just as the uml ones with watchquagga).
Sorry for my misleading thought about the hello multicasts not working
well in lxc.
But somehow some processes do not have exactly the same behaviour in
different virtualisation methods.

Now my 25 lxc machines connected through ospf in the cloonix emulation
network work like a charm.