[lxc-devel] icmp and multicast

clownix at clownix.net clownix at clownix.net
Wed Sep 21 19:21:55 UTC 2011

Hello,
I have tests that seem to show that if many lxc machines emit icmp
messages at the same time, the rate is globaly measured and some get
dropped.

The following setting in each of the lxc:
                            echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ratemask

permits to have lots of icmp at the same time and permits to use
traceroute in a virtual network of lxc.

Now I have problems with the multicasts that ospf produces for the hellos
between lxc machines, do you think that it could be the same kind of
problem: a rate limit for multicasting and if so how do we deactivate it ?

Regards
Vincent Perrier