[lxc-devel] lxc and /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ratemask

clownix at clownix.net clownix at clownix.net
Sun Sep 18 14:00:32 UTC 2011

Hello,
I have 2 exactly identical topologies running ospf: one based on uml
virtual machines and one based on lxc virtual machines.
The 2 topologies are available at clownix.net. (version 10)

My problem is that the lxc based demo does not work well, it stays stable
only for moments before reloading LS.

Note that I had previously another problem only for lxc:
to have a command traceroute that worked, I had to do:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ratemask in all my lxc machines.

This is because in lxc the rate counter seems to sum all values of all
virtual machines, is it normal or should there be more isolation?

Is there some sort of rate counter for multicast messages that could
explain the loss of hellos because it counts too many hellos ?
Regards and thanks for your help.
Vincent