[lxc-devel] mount ro in guest change host filesystem to ro

Greg Kurz gkurz at fr.ibm.com
Mon Sep 5 15:22:24 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 17:06 +0200, Nico wrote:
> Even with lxc, "ps xua..." show only processes in the cgroup, so yes
> /proc is already "virtualized". You're right about "free" reporting
> host values with lxc, but it's done in openvz, and I don't know about
> vservers.

Well, /proc is pid namespace aware but there's still a lot to be done to
expose per-container data to userspace.

> What is the aim of lxc ?, to be just a toy ?, or to compare to
> bsdjails, solaris zones, openvz, vservers, aix lpar.

I guess you mean aix wpar :) as lpar look more like xen.

> Is cgroup just a toy to get Linus watching videos while compiling his
> kernel ?, or to be able to run containers ?

Heh... maybe you should Cc him directly and ask. ;)

> I'm not able to code at this time, but I can report bugs, report
> missing user options,
> give some money, write doc, and ask how many time it will take to make
> this projet usable ?

All kernel bits are being discussed on containers at lists.osdl.org.

Cheers.

Gregory Kurz                                     gkurz at fr.ibm.com
Software Engineer @ IBM/Meiosys                  http://www.ibm.com
Tel +33 (0)534 638 479                           Fax +33 (0)561 400 420

"Anarchy is about taking complete responsibility for yourself."
        Alan Moore.