[lxc-devel] mount ro in guest change host filesystem to ro

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Thu Sep 1 20:46:56 UTC 2011

On 09/01/2011 09:30 PM, Nico wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to give it a try again with lxc after one year,
> this is so bad same bugs are always here :
>
> * you can do a "mount -o romount,ro /" inside container (reported
> since first times ... :( ),
> and host filesystem is remounted ro !!

Argh ! I still don't understand how that can happen with a CLONE_NEWNS
and a pivot_root.
Do you have particular mount options on your host's rootfs ?

> * you can rmmod host modules from guest !

You can use lxc.cap.drop=sys_module, so you can prevent to load your own
module or to rmmod a module.

> * so strange behaviour beetween host and guest with ttys (ssh and so
> on, are shared
> if you do not take care), can't this be automatic ?

Not sure to get it ...
Do you mean /dev/tty* ? Or /dev/pts/* ?