[lxc-devel] Linux Containers, 2 questions

Dooley, David David.Dooley at meteor.ie
Tue Oct 25 10:22:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
I have two application server nodes on Linux 2.6.18 that handle Live traffic.
We have a budget for one new test server.
I would like to mimic the Live environment with the idea of the "two" nodes.

And so I came across an article on LXC!

I see that I need to make my own kernel and have found the same version above on http://www.kernel.org<http://www.kernel.org/>.
And I see various LXC builds on sourceforge, but I'm not sure which is the most suitable for 2.6.18.

1.       Is it ok to take the latest LXC build?  Is there any information linking compatibility between Linux versions and LXC versions?

The two Live nodes are under VERITAS VCS.

2.       Do you know if VCS will work with Linux Containers?

Thanks in advance,
David.

uname -a
Linux xx.yy.ie 2.6.18-128.el5 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 11:41:38 EST 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Meteor Mobile Communications Limited, trading as Meteor.
Registered Office: 1 Heuston South Quarter, St. Johns Road, Dublin 8, Ireland.
Registered in Ireland: 282645

DISCLAIMER: This email and its attachments contain confidential information and may be legally privileged. The message is intended only for the addressee(s) stated above.  If you are not the named addressee(s) or intended recipient please do not use, copy, disseminate or disclose the information to anyone.  If you have received this email in error please immediately notify the sender at Meteor and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.