[lxc-devel] application container can do the socket communication?

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Fri Nov 18 09:17:51 UTC 2011

On 11/18/2011 09:39 AM, Greg Kurz wrote:
> On 11/18/2011 06:40 AM, liu.sp at neusoft.com wrote:
>> hello everyone!
>> I'm a rookie on the LXC, and i want to know wheather
>> application container can do the socket communication
>> with the host or not ?
> It depends on your kernel: you need at least 2.6.36 to do that.
>
>> If yes, what need to configure?
> Nothing peculiar. Just make sure the socket file is shared with the host.

Yes, for more precision. If you configured lxc without a private network
stack, the sockets can communicate as they are shared with the system,
but if you configure lxc with its own private network stack, you can
*only* communicate through an AF_UNIX socket if the socket file is
visible in the container's file system (in case mount bind works here).