[lxc-devel] NFS mounts inside a container uses/requires the host IPstack

Rob Landley rlandley at parallels.com
Sat Mar 19 01:24:11 UTC 2011

On 03/18/2011 06:32 PM, Rob Landley wrote:
>> I guess the next step for me would be getting caching straight
>> as I will have the same mounts on several containers. What can I do to
>> help?

Oh, the _easy_ thing you can do for you use case is create the NFS mount
from the host and then --bind mount it into each container's root
filesystem.  That way it consistently uses the host networking context.
 I'm not quite sure how to configure LXC to do that, but if there isn't
an easy way then one should definitely be added.

If I get a spare weekend I may busyboxify lxc (so there's one lxc
command that you can symlink lxc-create aliases to or just run "lxc
create").  And also make it so you don't have to say -n since that is
NOT AN OPTIONAL ARGUMENT, you should just be able to say "lxc-start
debian" and have it work...

I also need to test lxc on all the targets http://landley.net/aboriginal
supports, which means building it against uClibc.

It's got some strange dependency on capabilities, which I've never been
a bit fan of, and need to investigate more closely to see if it can be
removed:

  http://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2522

Rob