[lxc-devel] [ lxc-Bugs-3198796 ] Eth device renamed on stop

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 9 07:59:17 UTC 2011

Bugs item #3198796, was opened at 2011-03-03 20:08
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by dlezcano
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=826303&aid=3198796&group_id=163076

not just the latest update.
>Category: liblxc
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have to use the lxc.network.type=phys for my container networking.  When shutting down the container the host device name change to dev3 where it was eth1 before.  I can consistently reproduce this.  If the host device was eth2 it will be renamed to dev4 upon shutting down the container.  Anyone seen this one?
-Riaan

Comment By: Daniel Lezcano (dlezcano)
Date: 2011-03-03 20:41

Message:
I see exactly what and where is the problem. I will fix it.
Thanks for reporting.