[lxc-devel] lxc-0.7.4 released

Rob Landley rlandley at parallels.com
Mon Mar 7 19:48:22 UTC 2011

How do I tell what version of lxc I'm using?  The new lxc isn't in the
debian repo yet so I a ./configure/make/install from source, but I'm not
sure where it installed it.  there's no central "lxc" command that runs
the other stuff.  I tried "lxc-create --version" but it didn't give me
the version number.  lxc-info didn't have anything either.  The man page
is from the old version, but I don't know if that means anything...

It occurs to me that this is something people might actually want to
check at some point in the future.  This is why git has a central "git
do-thing" redirector for all the git-do-thing commands.  So you have a
place to go to beat things like --version out of it.  (Also, "man lxc"
is a bit fiddly if there's no lxc command, it took me a while to figure
out I needed to do that.)

Rob