[lxc-devel] PHYS support in 2.6.34?

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Thu Jun 2 08:16:28 UTC 2011

On 06/01/2011 10:28 PM, Moffatt, Greg wrote:
> Hi
>
> I understand that full support for physical networking devices in a
> container isn't fully implemented until 2.6.35.  How large are the
> changes that enabled this?  I need to have something like this in a
> 2.6.34 kernel and I'm trying to scope out the effort in backporting
> these changes.  Could someone at least point me to the commits that
> enabled this?

Gah ! I got the patchset for a while but dropped them. It is the sysfs
per namespace.

All the patches are available in this directory:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/driver_core/2.6/2.6.34/

The posted patchset is at:

http://kerneltrap.com/mailarchive/linux-fsdevel/2010/3/30/6900683

Take care if you are looking for the patchset in another mailing list
archive because it was around for a couple of years, so make sure you
have the version from March, 2010.

That should not be a big deal to backport them as they are applied on a
2.6.34+

Cheers
   -- Daniel