[lxc-devel] Support request - LXC on RHEL 6 derived distributions

Essex, Jonathan Jonathan.Essex at misys.com
Wed Jul 6 09:58:03 UTC 2011

I'm an application architect for a moderately large software company.

I'm interested in using linux containers on 'enterprise' flavour
distros; as far as I can see the necessary options are in place on RHEL
6.

However the focus here seems to be on the mainline kernel.

What I'd like to achieve is a Scientific Linux 6 container template to
run on SL6. Experience hasn't been good so far; given the general lack
of documentation elsewhere I know I'm going to need some support if I'm
going to make it work.

With one question unanswered and another post lost in moderation, my
assumption is that there's either no appetite for this or I'm asking
stupid questions.

One way or the other, I'd very much appreciate it if someone could steer
me in the right direction.

Thanks

Jonathan

"Misys" is the trade name for Misys plc (registered in England and Wales). Registration Number: 01360027. Registered office: One Kingdom Street, London W2 6BL, United Kingdom. For a list of Misys group operating companies please go to http://www.misys.com/corp/About_Us/misys_operating_companies.html. This email and any attachments have been scanned for known viruses using multiple scanners. This email message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the named recipient of this email please notify us immediately and do not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. This email does not constitute the commencement of legal relations between you and Misys plc. Please refer to the executed contract between you and the relevant member of the Misys group for the identity of the contracting party with which you are dealing.