[lxc-devel] [Lxc-users] Latest test results - Was: cgroups: support cgroups mounted in multiple places (v3)

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Sat Jul 2 20:13:25 UTC 2011

Quoting Michael H. Warfield (mhw at WittsEnd.com):
> F15 systemd:      Passed.
> F12 single mount: Passed.
> F13 single mount: Passed.
> F14 single mount: Passed.
> F14 libcgroup:    Failed.
>
> I had the default /etc/cgconfig.conf file and here are the results:
>
> [root at berserker-base ~]# cat /etc/cgconfig.conf
> #
> #  Copyright IBM Corporation. 2007
> #
> #  Authors:	Balbir Singh <balbir at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
> #  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
> #  under the terms of version 2.1 of the GNU Lesser General Public License
> #  as published by the Free Software Foundation.
> #
> #  This program is distributed in the hope that it would be useful, but
> #  WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
> #  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
> #
> # See man cgconfig.conf for further details.
> #
> # By default, mount all separately controllers
> # to /cgroup/<controller name>
>
> mount {
> 	cpuset	= /cgroup/cpuset;
> 	cpu	= /cgroup/cpu;
> 	cpuacct	= /cgroup/cpuacct;
> 	memory	= /cgroup/memory;
> 	devices	= /cgroup/devices;
> 	freezer	= /cgroup/freezer;
> 	net_cls	= /cgroup/net_cls;
> 	ns	= /cgroup/ns;
> 	blkio	= /cgroup/blkio;
> }
>
> [root at berserker-base ~]# uname -a
> Linux berserker-base.wittsend.com 2.6.35.13-92.fc14.i686 #1 SMP Sat May 21 17:39:42 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
> [root at berserker-base ~]# mount -t cgroup
> cgroup on /cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuset)
> cgroup on /cgroup/cpu type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)
> cgroup on /cgroup/cpuacct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)
> cgroup on /cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,relatime,memory)
> cgroup on /cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,relatime,devices)
> cgroup on /cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,relatime,freezer)
> cgroup on /cgroup/net_cls type cgroup (rw,relatime,net_cls)
> cgroup on /cgroup/ns type cgroup (rw,relatime,ns)
> cgroup on /cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,relatime,blkio)
> [root at berserker-base ~]# lxc-start -n Ashaman
> lxc-start: no ns_cgroup option specified

Just a thought - does F14's kernel not support clone_children?  See output
of ls /cgroup/cpuset and see if /cgroup/cpuset/cgroup.clone_children exists.
If not, then yeah there's nothing that can be done without the ns cgroup.

Thanks for testing!

-serge