[lxc-devel] Default Namespace

Rob Landley rlandley at parallels.com
Thu Feb 24 19:27:25 UTC 2011

On 02/24/2011 07:52 AM, Maheswara Reddy C - ERS, HCL Tech wrote:
> Hi, How can we create common default namespace which can be
> communicated with all the other namespaces.

What does that mean?

When you say "namespace", there's the mount namespace, network
namespace, PID namespace, /dev namespace, and several others.  Each can
be individually unshared, meaning siblings processes can see the same
network but different filesystems and neither of them have the full
device list their parent has.

As for "communicate": they can communicate.  You can set up a network
routing between different network namesapces.  You can mount shared
filesystems between different filesystem namespaces.  You can
communicate to the outside world through /dev nodes in a unique device
namespace.

Please explain: what are you trying to _do_?

Rob