[lxc-devel] [ lxc-Bugs-3184193 ] IPv6 default route

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 16 22:09:33 UTC 2011

Bugs item #3184193, was opened at 2011-02-16 23:09
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by punjab
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=826303&aid=3184193&group_id=163076

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
LXC on debian squeeze up to date. One network card bridge br0.

In squeeze container interfaces configured IPv4 an IPv6. When container start IPv4 works fine. IPv6 no,
I don’t know why, but "ip -6 route show" don’t have default route.

Connectivity start working when i run:
ip -6 route add default via IPV6_ GATEWAY_ADDRESS dev eth0

In interfaces is line: gateway IPV6_ GATEWAY_ADDRESS

Permanent solution is add to interfaces line after gateway:
pre-up ip -6 route add default via IPV6_ GATEWAY_ADDRESS dev eth0

In host system works ipv6 gateway fine and default route is automatically present.
In container is debootstraped minimal squeeze from template.

I don’t know if this is Debian or LXC bug, or something else..

Thanks