[lxc-devel] lxc on android?

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Tue Feb 15 00:34:11 UTC 2011

Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano at free.fr> writes:

> On 02/11/2011 06:21 AM, Ludovic Guégan wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> First, thanks!
>>
>> I am looking for a way to have a lxc container running inside an Android device.
>> So far my goal is to isolate a process as a proof of concept.
>> Android use the bionic lic and not the gnu libc.
>>
>> Do you have feed-back regarding the difficulties/challenges i can face
>> during this Android port?
>
> I am interested to help you on this. I am not familiar with the
> development on Android, I guess we have to check first the kernel
> version it is running on. Is it the 2.6.37.6 ? And then check the
> namespace + cgroup functionalities are compiled in.
>
> Do you know if there is a virtual machine for Android which facilitate
> the development ? As well as a configuration file for the kernel ?
>
> lxc uses some recent syscalls (timerfd, signalfd, etc ...) we have to
> check the corresponding C functions are available in this 'lic' library.

That was a typo.  He's talking about Google's NIH'd libc:

    http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/bionic.git

According to Wikipedia's "libc" article (where that link is from), it is
"based mostly on libc from BSD".

Android 2.3 ships 2.6.35 [0], CyanogenMod 2.3 apparently ships .37.

[0] http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.3-highlights.html