[lxc-devel] lxc on android?

Ludovic Guégan ludovic.guegan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:55:41 UTC 2011

Hi Lezcano!

I am glad to here from you!

Android SDK comes with a modified qemu inside which android runs:
http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/emulator.html
Here you can find how to rebuild the kernel for the emulator (a little
old, i let you adapt):
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1809774/android-kernel-compile-and-test-with-android-emulator

Android use a fairly recent kernel but a different libc (bionic).
There are two approaches to solve this:
 - port lxc-commands to bionic
 - link statically liblxc against glic (compiled with the Android toolchain)

Am i correct?