[lxc-devel] [ lxc-Bugs-3388933 ] Script lxc-debian don't create /dev/shm/network

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 16 00:42:13 UTC 2011

Bugs item #3388933, was opened at 2011-08-09 07:48
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=826303&aid=3388933&group_id=163076

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Sorry for my English.

Host system:
Debian6 amd64
lxc 0.7.2-1
I take script lxc-debian from lxc-0.7.4.1 (rename lxc-debian.in to lxc-squeeze and replace all «@LOCALSTATEDIR@» to «/var») because I need Debian squeeze in LXC.
When I start lxc:

Configuring network interfaces...ifup: failed to open statefile /etc/network/run/ifstate: No such file or directory

/etc/network/run/ — symlink to /dev/shm/network

Then I run:
mkdir /dev/shm/network

and problem solved.

Comment By: Alexandre ()
Date: 2011-08-15 21:42

Message:
I have noticed that, on Debian outside lxc, /etc/network/run is a regular
directory, and not a symlink. I think we should look into where this link
is created.

Comment By: Alexey Vazhnov (vazhnov)
Date: 2011-08-09 08:47

Message:
After guest restarting, directory is absent again. Not so simple :(