[lxc-devel] Reg: VRF support within containers

Alphonse Hansel Anthony alphonse.anthony at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 20:47:20 UTC 2011

Hi All,

We are looking at deploying a container with multiple network interfaces.
The host kernel has VRF support and has multiple VRF (one main routing table
and two additional vrfs)

We want the container to have all the three interfaces.

The VRFs may have overlapping addresses.

The question we have is, how do we make this work in the guest? If the
addresses are overlapping, how does the LXC container do appropriate
forwarding? We are not aware of VRF support in LXC.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

-Alphonse