[lxc-devel] liblxc, lxc-browse()

Greg Kurz gkurz at fr.ibm.com
Fri Apr 15 16:43:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 10:00 -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 04/13/2011 12:49 PM, Francois-Xavier Bourlet wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here's a patch with the purpose adding a way to browse containers trough liblxc.
>
> What does "browse" mean in this context?

By reading the code, "browse" seems to mean "run some user code with a
user provided context for each container".

> > I added the function lxc-browse, that simply call back a function with
> > the container name as parameter.
>
> So, get a list of the containers?  Like lxc-ls?
>
> > It help to abstract how to browse containers without needed to know
> > the underlaying structure of LXC.
>
> for i in $(lxc-ls); do lxc-info -n $i; done
>
> I don't understand the purpose of this patch.

I guess this patch offers a for-each-container feature for users that
link directly into liblxc rather than using lxc commands.

Francois-Xavier, do you confirm ?

Gregory Kurz                                     gkurz at fr.ibm.com
Software Engineer @ IBM/Meiosys                  http://www.ibm.com
Tel +33 (0)534 638 479                           Fax +33 (0)561 400 420

"Anarchy is about taking complete responsibility for yourself."
        Alan Moore.